Thursday 24 July 2014

Les crêpes time

Do you often feel that you want to be at least a little bit healthier?
Do you often feel that fruit is what you need?
Do you often feel that now is the pancakes time?
                                                                                                         - Because I do...

And that is why I needed to find that middle between boring, buttery and flour pancakes à la nutella (about which I can't lie that when it comes to sweet time, I cannot resist, but let's say, it is not the case here because otherwise the whole post will be just a complete nonsense! However, isn't it already?)


I also have to admit that I am slightly addicted to fruit, especially bananas, they can be like bread for me (as they are in some exotic countries)! Therefore, it came to my mind once, the idea of mixing something as amazing as les crêpes, so my love to France, as well as bananas, which shows the addiction and healthy aspects of my life, at the same time! Clever, isn't it?

So, let's stop this prolong monologue and start cooking!
Let me explain to you that very difficult and complicated ingredients list:
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
I know it was very, very long, but if you want to add some fancy flavors, what you can do is sprinkle the batter with some cinnamon and at the end, top it with fruit, honey or maple syrup and feel of ambrosia is guaranteed!


Well, should we start thinking what to do with banana and eggs? Firstly, crush the banana with a fork in one bowl and beat the eggs in the other. At the end, mix them together, until it is smooth and looks like a thick pancake batter (that's what it should be anyway)!

Heat the frying pan and put some fancy oil on it, like for example almond oil to receive that exotic taste, which will make that dish taste even better, if it can happen anyway :)

Put some batter on the frying pan, so that it looks like little circles, as you would normally do with other pancakes! It is just too hard to explain, how to put batter on the pan! That's why I am not an A* student in English... gosh...


Flip on the other side, when they are golden and serve when they are still hot or when they cool down a bit- the temperature does not make a colossal difference to the flavor, which can compete with freshly baked buns in the mum's home "bakery" or of the amazing Ratatouille, which brought back memories of that negative critic Anton Ego from Disney after which he opened his own restaurant with rats staff! Well, that is what happens when people get too nice food.

Enjoy!


Oh and I forgot to mention, it tastes amazingly with peanut butter, especially when you put it when they are still hot, as it starts to melt... Hmmmm.... Yummy
Also try this out: http://spoonful.com/recipes/peanut-butter-pancakes

Any comments- if you like the recipe, if I write too much or if you enjoy that- please tell me!


No comments:

Post a Comment